Yesterday's luncheon was a success! What a relief. There was minor tackiness from Carter, but that was to be expected, if any of you know Carter, you'll agree.
I need to inform everyone that the best bakery/dessertery in Atlanta is located in the Highlands, Alon's Bakery. April's cake was from there yesterday, and I can't even begin to describe the yummy goodness that it was. I don't like cake, but this was a mousse cake, c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y wonderful.
I was thinking this morning that I would blow everyone away if I had a book published. Not that I would pull off a Hemmingway or Tolstoy, but maybe a Judy Blume, if I'm particularly creative. I think a book would be a shiny spot in my otherwise average world. Just a thought, might expound on it later.
I'm still tired, even though I went to bed at 10:30. And I didn't even read last night! That really throws off my schedule apparently! I'm simultaneously reading two books; a chick lit book at home, and "The Namesake" at work/travel. Don't get me wrong, I don't come to work, plop down and read all day. I keep a book in my bag so that I can catch a few pages between committee meetings or particularly argumentative floor debates. It's a good system, in my opinion. It's funny to realize that I've begun to love reading. As a kid (technically, until I graduated college) you couldn't get me to read if my life depended on it. In fact, I probably would have done 200% better in school had I, in fact, read my assignments. Especially if I had read them more that 20 minutes before the class started, and if I had actually read them, and not skimmed them. Oh, hindsight, you are 20-20.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love Judy Blume!! I say go for the book, that'd be really fun. Glad to read that everything is going well, but who in the world blogs @ 5:22 AM?? Sleep more, you freak! I'm excited to be back with Team I this summer, in about a month, to be exact and I'm definitely looking forward to coming to see you @ the Capitol and laying out some @ your pooooooollllll. yay! Have a good rest of the week---only one day until the weekend! :)
ps...
Love, Kathleen
Go go Shannon Wallace! Blog up a storm. Tell us all about being a lobbyist.. that's what my wife wanted to do for so long, but now she's stuck in law school. Oh well, it'll build character and put some hair on her chest.
Post a Comment