Monday, February 18, 2008

Luck makes the world go 'round.

I think I must be the luckiest person in the world, I'm not kidding.

Take for instance, last Friday. I got to ride in a state plane to tour the Augusta Burn Center. I was touring the facility with the people who run Georgia government. I got to see how experiences like that can really affect what we do here under the Gold Dome. It's amazing when you can actually put a human face and emotion to the 'government machine.' And I got to be there!! I love my job.

Rewind to Thursday; a pipe burst in my apartment and flooded mine and 4 other people's apartments. But none of my stuff was damaged, my cat was ok, and I had friends who let me stay at their (posh) condo. I am so blessed! Even today, my apartment isn't fixed, but at least I have shelter there, it's liveable, just not pretty.