Monday, October 22, 2007

Week #2

The first week of my new job is over and the second has begun! It's gone by so quickly, too! I've already facilitated (and listened in on) an interview that a Newsweek reporter did on Eric, and also an interview by a Duke grad student on the Special Needs Scholarship program. Not to mention I've handled meeting requests and constituent issues. I feel like my next step is to commit to meeting new people. I was such a bad lobbyist because I never went out of my way to meet people; I really hate 'selling' myself to people...not to mention most folks around the Capitol are pretty shallow unless you get to know them pretty well.

Senator Moody called today: to invite me to a dinner on Thursday and also welcome me back to the Senate. Such a nice man! His Aide, Andrew will be attending with his wife who is expecting. Oh, I'm planning a baby shower for them, too, if anyone is interested. So in honor of my first black-tie event as a staffer, I bought a new dress today. And the best part is that the dinner is AFTER I get my hair done. I'm so excited about that, too!

No comments: