After arriving home and showering, we all headed to meet M. Braunrot at the corner of the rue nationale and the Loire River. He brought lunch for us today: sandwiches. We devoured the sandwiches and then set off on our journey to the priory of Pierre Ronsard, the famous Tourraine poet. We, however, ran into several snags along the way. M. braunrot pulle dus off the path running parallel to the Loire a bit too soon, and we ended up in subrurbia, asking random people the way to the priory. After several attempts, and a few cranky students, we made it to the priory. It's beautiful right now, an dthere are roses, roses, roses everywhere. I took some pictures on the way there, then realized that I had left my SD card in my computer last night...but Lacey (the so-called "Madame CVS" because of her purses of endless treasures) had a spare one. I was relieved and set off on my photographic adventure, only to be halted by an "exhausted battery" as explained by my camera. :: Merde:: So, sadly, today you do not get very many pictures.
We returned (via the most direct route), cleaned up, rested for a while, and ran some errands. Today is a holiday in France, so very few stores are open. But hte Monoprix (French version of Walmart basically) was open. We stopped in several times today for water, wine, a corkscrew, cheese, bread, shampoo (for me!), soap (also for me!), and notebooks. A little while before dinner, M. Antier came to our room to warn us against messing with the blinds in the bathroom, as they are currently out of commission. He's a cute little guy, and I like practicing le francais with him. The dinner bell rang a little later (yes, we actually have a dinner bell) and we all descended upon the table. A brief back story: since about 10am, the most delicieux smell has been radiatign from the kitchen, causing instant salivation to all who encounter it...we were all excited to see what was in store. We were not disappointed: fresh cucumbers with onions and vinegar, cooked-then-chilled-then-beautifully-arranged peppers, salad, and a delicious leek quiche. To top it off? Fresh strawberries (les fraises) A meal like tonight's could turn me into a vegetarian. Happily.
So tomorrow starts classes. Tomorrow at 8:30 is our placement test. I'm super nervous, but whatevs. I might have a breakfast of wine to kill the nerves and inhibition. I bought a bottle of red wine today (I know right?! Shannon with alcohol!? Totally out of character, buthey, when in Rome...) and I've almost consume half the bottle. Pooks- are you proud yet?!?!? :) Anyway, I need to sleep and force myself to adjust to the time...no more up til 2 or 3am.
A demain!
No comments:
Post a Comment