Poor Dr. Braunrot is having a hard time figuring out when to have us meet him for the litterature classes. I think, though, that he has it all figured out. We're all literally going to school for 8 hours a day, plus homework. But it's good fun and I'm having a blast! I know I'm not going to want to leave.
The Antiers are the funnest people ever! Shalomie and I came home for lunch and needed plates and silverware, so we knockedon the kitchen door to ask Mme. Antier for some silverware. She was in her little night dress still and just poked her head out of hte door and pointed. LOL! LIke we care about seeing her in a nightie. Then, as we were leaving, we asked M. Antier if we could join Mme. Antier for her nightly soap opera after dinner. He chuckled and said sure, if that would interest us. ha!
So tonight, we had course #1 (potato salad- yum!), and then all moved into the living room to watch the soap. it was so funny seeing Mme. Antier's reaction to the different scenes. Such a cutie; and M. Antier was making fun of her when she did.
We returned to dinner and talked about just about everything, ending up on Normandy, Jews, WWII, Algiers (where Mme. Antier was born, while her father served there in the war), and the village where M. Antier grew up (his mother turned a building into a makeshift hosptial and saved hundreds of English and American soldiers whose train was bombed by the English en route to Auchwitz). I mean, the stories some people have! M. Antier and I started talking about Normandy, my grandfather's participation in the invasion, all that stuff. Actually, just a minute ago, M. Antier brought me a 50th anniversary map of the D-Day invasion to look over. It's really inspiring me to go back to Nornamdy, but I can't figure out if there will be time enough to go. (We are going to Mnt St Michel Saturday from 7am to midnight. Ugh, in a bus).
So anyway, school is good, life is good, diet is bad. Whatever, I'm enjoying France, and now there's more of me for France to enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment