Thursday, June 18, 2009

Oh why even try to remember the days anymore

So here's the lowdown:
(Tuesday)Shalomie skipped school, but we had a full day of boring classes. I was not thrilled to be there without my buddy. Our prof decided to give us bunches of tests the rest of this week since we're leaving on Friday. Boo. FYI: we saw "Antichrist" in teh theater tonight. Don't do it. Ever. Ever, ever. I mean, the plot was pretty good, but the brutal sexual violence...not cool at all. BUT, on a good note, there's an amazing opera song in it ("Lascia ch'io pianga" by Handel) that I downloaded and TOTALLY love. Ben and Mary Grace love it too. MG Sang it for some audition and rocked like a genius. I just listen to it. Ben, too.

(Wednesday) Test #1 down: Shalomie and I made pretty high marks, we'll just have to wait for the official grades on them. It was oral comprehension, so that's good that we're getting better at understanding warp-speed French. It must be Plus Belle La Vie.
(Thursday) My turn! I skipped school today. Just was tired, hot, gross, and didn't wanna go. So I slept late, ate lunch, went to the St Gatien cathedral, walked along the Loire, explroed parts of the town I'd never seen, then read and did some school work by the river. I poked my head in some shops, but found no clothes that beckoned me, so I bought two French dictionaries at FNAC instead. Anyone say nerd? Nerd. But I got the French etyological dictionary and a populaire expression dictionary; tell me that's not a nifty and useful purchase!?!? Anyway, tonight we're going to the river to watch tango dance night. I will be drinking, and not dancing. Shalomie is a ballroom dancer, so she's gonna shake her groove thang and show up everyone there. Yesss!

Random thoughts:
-I really don't want to go to Paris next week. I'd be much happier staying here and enjoying the small town.
-I LOVE my house mom, she's so adorable. My house dad is a cutie patootie, too, but he's way too smart. I can never follwo his train of thought.
-We're going to Blois tomorrow after our farewell lunch with Braunrot, then Saturday to a classical music concert in a barn that's supposed to be fantastic for acoustics. Saturday during hte day is our trip to Loches...another hour long car ride. yay. can't wait for that...have I mentioned I get wicked carsick?
-I might be becoming a fan of jazz and classical music. I mean, one can only take so much Reba.

New pics are posted in the France, 2 album on Facebook

No comments: