Friday, June 19, 2009

Fridizzle

Well damn if it isn't the last Friday in France, and last day of class. I can't convey how depressing that is to think about.

Had class: two tests then a grammar class. After class and a very unceremonious "Thanks, bye" exchange between us and the prof at the Institut, we headed out like a newborn. Braunrot set up a lunch for us at 1pm, so we shopped a little bit then headed to 38bis for lunch. 3 courses, 2 glasses of red, and half a bottle of champagne...I was toast. Shalomie, Ben and I all came home and slept. I got up sooner than they did and finished watching my pirated copy of "The Reader" on my computer. FYI: don't watch it-depressing. Also do not watch "He's just not that into you" if you're single because they all end up happily with someone, or newly divorced. Either way, not fun for a single person to watch.

Anyway, dinner was earlier tonight because Mme. Antier made us a souffle, which is apparently a mix of flour, eggs, milk, and butter. It was good, but tres heavy. Then the standard salad, and some weird vegetable mix that ranks as probably my least favorite food served to us here. Then, joy of all joy!! Dessert was chocolate pudding! By the time the souffle had been eaten, my French turned off. I think Mme. Antier even mentioned something about how quickly my American accent came back. Eh, I was half zonked out and still asleep. Etiher way, we watched Plus Belle La Vie for the last time wiht her tonight; totally sad. I mean, wretchedly sad that tonight was the last episode. Charlotte is moving to Japan because she thinks Guillome and Luna are back together. And, AND! Someone killed a female bum, and Melany suspects the mean bum livin gin the courtyard. And I have NO CLUE where Nicholas is!!! I'm gonna need to subscribe to French tv.

After dinner, we went ot Place Plume to drink tabletop kegs of Desperado beer. This is a delicious blend of beer, limes and tequila. After 3, I wasn't feelin anything, so either they're weak or I'm getting pretty fantastic at drinking. We all met up at the ganguitte bar at the river; Miriam and I braved the ladder and sat on the beach wiht the drummers...til she had to potty. I went off to find the other half of our group, and they were all gone, so now I'm at home, listening to itunes and updating this here blog.

Have a good night!

No comments: